Impartiality and Confidentiality Policy
Scientific and Research Centre for Fire Protection named after Józef Tuliszkowski – National Research Institute (CNBOP‑PIB) Notified Body 1438 ensures impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality in all conducted processes of product conformity assessment and other activities.
We declare that CNBOP-PIB:
- Operates impartially and independently as third party, according with the same procedures toward all of clients;
- Does not succumb commercial, financial or other pressure that might influence impartiality;
- Identifies all of risks threaten the impartiality and conflict of interests and engages all relevant activities in order to eliminate or minimalize the risks;
- Takes immediate steps in case of events that might compromise impartiality;
- Is not related to any legal entities involved in designing, production, installation, distribution or other activities that might be involved in the process of conformity assessment;
- Ensures that CNBOP-PIB activity or connected legal entities do not threaten impartiality of the conformity assessment process and other activities;
- Does not present its offer in relations to any bodies performing consultancy, designing, production or other activities that might be involved in the process of conformity assessment;
- Excludes from the conformity assessment process the personnel who, in the last two years, have been in any way involved in activities of the subject that requests conformity assessment;
- Does not perform conformity assessment in the case of risks of impartiality compromise;
- Takes decisions based on the evidence obtained during objective assessment, independent from any pressure groups or the parties concerned;
- Does not subcontract conformity assessment process to any bodies with the exception of laboratory tests that cannot be performed in CNBOP-PIB;
- Maintains confidence concerning obtained information during the implementation of the activity, with the exception of the situations under the national law.
Józefów, 15th March, 2019
Director of Scientific and Research Centre for Fire Protection named after Józef Tuliszkowski
National Research Institute
st. bryg. Paweł Janik, PhD Eng.